Enya was the first artist that I started to collect.
And here’s what I have!
And Winter Came…
A Day Without Rain
The Memory of Trees
Paint the Sky with Stars
The Very Best of Enya
Book of Days (1992 release)
Book of Days (Japanese EP)
On My Way Home
Only Time - the Collection
The Very Best of Enya - video collection
Pick 5 artists that you love before reading the questions.
Florence + the Machine
1. What is your favorite song of 5?
The Stolen Child
2. What kind of impact has 1 left on your life?
Björk completely changed the way I think about music; especially when it comes to electronic music. And as a musician she’s had a profound influence over how I treat my own music. As a person she’s warm and free-spirited and one of my idols, I couldn’t look up to her more.
3. What are your favorite lyrics by 2?
”If every man says all he can, if every man is true, do I believe the sky above, is Caribbean Blue?”
5. How many times have you seen 4 live?
As for right now, I haven’t, but I’m getting to see them next week!!
6. What is your favorite song by 1?
It’s between All Is Full of Love (album version) and It’s Not Up To You
7. Is there any songs by 3, that makes you sad?
Not particularly, mostly Lady Gaga empowers me.
8. What is your favorite song by 2?
Favourite Enya songs… hmm.
Less Than A Pearl
9. When did you first get into 3?
I remember I hadn’t really heard of Lady Gaga until the whole Bad Romance/Fame Monster era just began, but after that I was sold.
10. When did you get into 2?
I got into Enya, around my second year in high-school, at first I couldn’t listen to her at all, save a song or two; eventually tho I grew to more than love her and her music, but obsess. Today I have everything that Enya has recorded including b-sides, singles. I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Enya… and I love it.
11. What is your favorite song by 4?
Blinding; there’s no compitition with that question, Blinding is by far my favourite.
12. How many times have you seen 5 live?
None yet; she hasn’t been to Arizona or around here in ages.
13. What is a good memory concerning 1?
Having my friends grow from not liking her to having them request her when I put on music :)
14. Is there a song by 2 that makes you sad?
Haha… most of them, in a way.
As Baile, and Hope has a Place are the two that make me sad the most.
15. What is your favorite song by 3?
So Happy I Could Die and Bloody Mary; I couldn’t decide.
(And here are some of my favourite photo’s of each)
James Cameron originally wanted Enya to compose the score for the film and even went to far as to assemble a rough edit using her music. When Enya declined, Cameron hired James Horner.
10. Jónsi: Go
9. Éternelle: Edith Piaf
8. Amy Winehouse: Back To Black
7. Agnes Obel: Philharmonics
6. Kathleen McInnes: Òg-mhadeann Shamhraidh/Summer Dawn
4. Florence + the Machine: Ceremonials
3. Lady Gaga: Born This Way
2. Enya: The Celts
1. Björk: Vespertine